Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day



Updating the blog on the road, thanks to Ted's technology factory. He's a traveling display of computer and digital wonders! External hard drive, video card reader, laptop and more. Helps me update everything on the fly.
Spent the day with friends at Carl and Bonnie's wedding rehearsal at Christ Church in Newton. Afterwards, we went back to Carl and Bonnie's house in Andover for a 4th of July barbecue featuring burgers, hot dogs, ribs, chicken, and other summertime gastronomical delights. We even had our own fireworks display! Oh, the raw elemental powers!
The fireworks were Star Trek-themed and made in China. God bless America and global trade.
I found out my reading for tomorrow's wedding. It's not 1 Corinthians 13, which incidentally the revenered said "was too played out." I agree. Instead, I'll be reading an exerpt from the Song of Solomon, which reads like a Biblical version of a letter from Penthouse Forum.
Spent some time with Carl, Ted and some of the other evil henchmen I haven't seen in a while. Carl gave me a pen engraved with the words "I'm The Evil Twin". That is undeniable. We've always said of each other we were twins from two different mothers, only I'm the evil one.
Life is good, especially when you're miles from home, in the green mountains of northern New Jersey, with some charbroiled chicken and excellent company.

No comments: