Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Twittering Idiot

I succumbed to temptation and created a Twitter account after reading about it in the American Journalism Review. The applications for Twitter in the news business are limited somewhat, but I'll try my best to post relevant things and not updates on what I ate or what I'm watching on TV.
I also updated my blog to accept Tweets so you, the reader can be inundated with a glut of information.
At first, Twitter seems completely pointless and stupid, a networking site that gives users constant up-to-date messages in rapid bursts, 140 characters long. Celebrities, politicians and now journalists are using Twitter, and rather than fall behind and appear like some befuddled old fart intimidated by the latest techno-gimmick, I've embraced Twitter and am using it, but for what or how long remains unknown.

No comments: