Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Bed, A Table and Some Chairs

I bought furniture today for my new apartment. I've been looking for weeks and going to different places and today I finally bought a bed at Ashley Furniture and kitchen table and chairs at Pier 1 Imports. I'm pleased with my purchases: the bed is a queen-sized with padded leather headboard and the table and chairs are counter-high, with hidden drawers in the sides. They'll be delivered to my new apartment in a few weeks. I wanted to get furniture before moving in, and the bed is the most important piece of furniture. I'm going to need something to sleep on, and don't want to rely on a sleeping bag or air mattress for that. Since Pier 1 Imports was having a sale, I was recommended there by a friend, and wasn't disappointed. Good bargains with the table and chairs I bought for half off. In the coming weeks I'm going to get a microwave oven, a dish set and living room furnishings. It'll be about a month or so before I have everything I need. Tomorrow I give the landlord my deposit and can begin moving my stuff in.

No comments: