Sunday, February 8, 2009

High School Reunion version 1.5



Had a second get-together with friends from high school, this time at PJ Whelihan's Pub in Cherry Hill. It was really great seeing everyone again. Last year's 20th reunion was such a blast that we decided to do it again, albeit on a smaller scale. Beer was imbibed, recollections exchanged and good times had. I can't believe it's been over 20 years since we were thrown together, surviving high school one class at a time. I know this sounds hackneyed and trite, but those were truly the best days of my life. Say what you want about the 1980s - for me it was teen angst mingled with free-wheeling, carefree fun, with some inappropriate sexual innuendoes thrown in at lunchtime.
I hope we'll have more of these mini reunions in the future. I enjoy talking to my classmates and discovering what they've been up to.

1 comment:

Kimberly @ kimberussell.com said...

I got the first letter about my 20 year reunion earlier this week.

Twenty years! I can close my eyes and still be sitting at that lunchtable...