Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Pad, Part 3

Okay. A lot has happened with the Pad recently. The bedroom is coming together nicely. I'm going for an Asian/Oriental/Far East look to it with furniture from Pier 1 Imports to compliment my ginormous bed that takes up 60 percent of the room. I have this comforter with a royal dragon and phoenix on it, so now the entire place looks like an opium den or San Francisco Chinatown brothel circa 1890. No matter. It's a look that says exotic and swinging bachelor, which is what I'm going for.



The arrival of my dresser rounded out the entire bedroom and gave me a place to put all my holy relics/religious statues/totems. They all look happy together, don't you think? From left, the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, Anubis, Jesus, Ganesha and Buddha.



The week has had its disappointments. The chocolate brown sofa I ordered arrived on Saturday, but the damn thing was too big to fit. The delivery guys couldn't negotiate the narrow hallway and the door was too small so I had to return it and order a loveseat instead. I did manage to get a coffeetable, but still have nowhere to sit in my living room, except the floor.
On the plus side, the cable guy came out today and hooked me up with Comcast. I have cable TV and Internet service, so for now I'm happy.
The writing room/home office/library/inner sanctum is still a mess, but at least I have access to the Internet and carved out a corner of the room that is mine for writing. The rest of the room is a chaotic jumble of stacked boxes and books, and is a work in progress.

No comments: