Thursday, January 25, 2007

Last Night at Catch



Tonight was the last night at Catch A Rising Star in Atlantic City. Big Rick and I performed at our last open mike here. The turnout was small, but three people I know from Ocean City came out to support me, which is always good. Both me and Big Rick executed flawless sets and got laughs.
We also saw comic Susan Prekel, who's a very funny lady, and got to hang out with her in the green room where we talked about comedy.
Being a standup comic is very hard work. Sometimes you go out there and fail, other times you do your set and get some laughs and other times you kill. You constantly work on new material, try it out and see how it fares in front of an audience of strangers. Catch A Rising Star was a really good venue for us and it will be missed. Oh, well. Looks like I have to find another way to spend my Wednesday nights!

No comments: