Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy 2007, biatches!

Recovering from my New Year's party last night. A lot of good food, friends and excellent conversations. Saw fireworks from the rooftop of an Ocean City bayfront home. Was able to see the Atlantic City skyline, lit up like a pimp's house at Christmas. I caught a few minutes of Dick Clark's Rocking New Years. I've watched Dick Clark throughout the years and his presence on TV at this time of the year in Times Square is crucial, but I couldn't believe how bad he looked. I know he had a stroke and everything, but Skeletor looked better than he did. And who the hell matched him with Ryan Seacrest?
I'm not much for making New Year's resolutions. I think they're a waste of time and nobody really sticks to them. People say they're not going to eat as much, that they're going to get more exercise, that they're going to quit smoking, whatever.
I see a resolution as something better, something more spiritual. I resolve to be better tomorrow than I am today, to not take people for granted and to laugh more and to really enjoy life despite how shitty things get.

No comments: