Sunday, December 31, 2006

What a sucky year that was!

I'm on my way to a New Year's party in Ocean City and I'm reflecting on this past year.
Man, did 2006 suck or what?
It was 365 days of blowing hot white chunks all over my life. I know I should be grateful, but damn, come on! What a freakin' letdown that was.
I know I should be all happy and sing Auld Lang Syne, drink champagne and get blown by a Thai hooker, but I just don't want to. The only happy thing I'll be thinking about is kissing this shitty year goodbye.
On the plus side, I did do some interesting things in 2006. I started standup comedy, finished the draft for The Ravaged Earth Society, wrote a play, won a journalism award, met some interesting if not unbalanced people and saw a Broadway show. Okay, so I'm boring!
I want to keep busy in 2007 and get a lot accomplished. I don't believe in wasting time. Ever. Like President John Kennedy said, "We must use time as a tool not as a couch." And this from a guy who boffed Marilyn Monroe, so he knows a lot about couches.
I hope 2007 is going to be a very challenging, fun, healthy and profitable year for me. Oh, and lucky. Yeah, I need all the luck I can get!

No comments: