Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pulp Adventurecon

Went to Pulp Adventurecon in Bordentown today. It's a small show dedicated to sellers and fans of pulp fiction. I'm really into pulp and my RPG is a pulp-themed game called The Ravaged Earth Society. I checked out the convention and found it to be a pulp lover's paradise! Rows and rows of old magazines, reprints and paperbacks each one chocked full of thrilling adventure! The air was saturated with that old newsprint smell. Most of the crowd was older, like in their 50s and 60s, but they knew a lot about the Pulp Era. I just finished The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril and it was a fantastic book about the early pulp authors. I left the convention with two reprints of The Spider, one Shadow, Operator #5 and Doc Savage. I talked to the convention's organizer and he said he might change venues for next year, as the facilities were too small to accommodate the large crowd. For now, I have the adventures and wondrous tales to occupy my time. Only trouble is figuring out which one of these books to sink my pulp-loving teeth into...

No comments: