Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Wingman

Gave a copy of my play, The Wingman, to a local theater director. She said she'd read it over and let me know if her company was interested in putting it on. Really, community theater has gotten such negative exposure everywhere. I recently went to The Gateway Playhouse in Somers Point to see a production of "Sex, Lies and the IRS" because one of my friends was in it, and everyone and I mean EVERYONE was a senior citizen. Don't young people appreciate theater? I guess they're too busy getting bombed at a bar or doing lines of coke to come out and see local theater.
Anyway, I'm really excited about seeing The Wingman on stage. It's the first thing I've written with Movie Magic Screenwriter. That's the best screenwriting software ever. Hey, if it's good enough for the guys from South Park, it's good enough for me.
The Wingman is the story of Mike and Geoff, two roommates who want to get women. Geoff agrees to be the wingman for his nebbishy roomie Mike, who just went through a divorce and is jaded with the dating scene. During their night at a club, Geoff repeatedly strikes out and proves himself the worst wingman in history. That is, until he meets Janine, who is also jaded of dating and has trust issues. They all spar over love, sex and what people really want and discover despite their differences, men and women need the same thing from each other.
I've started making notes on my next stage play, something a bit more involved and political and about the last election. More to come...

No comments: